While many business CEO’s still think it’s for tweens and celebs, I am here to tell you Instagram is an amazing platform for sharing your business, and getting real-world, tangible results out of it. Did you know since launching in October 2010:
• Instagram now has over 400 million active users;
• over 40 BILLION photos have been shared; and
• 3.5 billion ‘likes’ are given daily.
So, how do you win on Instagram? Here are a few quick tips to think about, that many people miss:
- Create a list of two-dozen hashtags you will use.
- Develop a photo style you become identifiable with. Your fonts, your colors, how you add your tagline to images, etc.
- Stick to a posting frequency you will keep. You lose traction if you post 6 times tomorrow and the next day, but the day after post once.
- Like and comment on other people’s stuff. Yes, it works and oh my, don’t automate this.
- Reward loyal followers. You can run secret ‘limited-time-only’ flash sales on IG, you can direct message followers and send them a coupon code, you can shoutout your most loyal followers, the possibilities are endless.
- Study the data. You can and should be measuring what is going on with your account. Followers, hashtags, images, and more.
In upcoming weeks, we will be posting more about Instagram, however we don’t want you to miss out. If your business is not on Instagram today, you are losing out – big time.